Cycling between vineyards and castles
Embark on the picture-book trails between the vineyards with your bike and discover the verdant Vipava Valley.
- Picturesque and diverse landscape, with a variety of surfaces.
- Bonding with the locals.
- Delicious local cuisine and great wine.
Not to be missed
- Rental of a Scott MTB hardtail included in the price.
- Full-day bike adventure with a local guide and a pit stop to taste local wines.
- The route can be adjusted to guests’ abilities and wishes.
- Possible to arrange an escort vehicle and a transfer back to the starting point.
- The price of the cycling tour is from €65 per person.
Embark on the picture-book trails between the vineyards with your bike and discover the verdant Vipava Valley. Starting outside of the Lanthieri Mansion in Vipava, overlooking the ruins of the old castle, take the route toward Zemono Manor, which used to be a hunting lodge. From here, pedal to the astoundingly picturesque town of Vipavski Križ. Soon, the trail starts uphill over the vine-laced hills, and takes you to the Branica Valley dominated by Rihemberk Castle. From Branik, pick up the trail between the vineyards to the Vogršček reservoir lake and past Vogrsko Manor. Next, turn back in the direction of the Vipava River and the settlement of Miren where Miren Castle is located. The final miles through the hills of Bilje along the state border bring you to Nova Gorica and Europe Square, the meeting point of two towns, two countries, two languages and two cultures. Finish the route through Nova Gorica up on Kromberk Castle or ride past the largest stone bridge in the world – the Solkan Bridge – and continue cycling along the emerald green Soča River.
If you hire a guide, you can customize the route to suit your requirements and abilities. A bike tour is a great way to get to know the local life, experience the friendliness of the people, and visit a wine cellar to taste the home-made wines and food. A perfect way to wrap up your day of cycling.
Ride around, WE GO d.o.o.
Prvačina 121 b
M: +386 (0)31 558 666